Italian Chicken Sausage and Tortellini Soup
- 1 lb DiGregorio’s Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cans Cento chicken broth 14oz
- 1 pkg DiGregorio’s cheese tortellini
- 1 1/4 cup fresh red tomatoes chopped
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
Heat soup pot/Dutch oven with ½ tsp of oil to coat and sauté chicken sausage until browned. Remove from pan and slice into small pieces. Set aside.
Meanwhile, finely mince the garlic cloves
Heat remaining oil in pan, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, stir in wine and broth and bring to a boil. Cook for about 2 minutes, then add tortellini. Cook for another 5 minutes and then stir in spinach and tomato. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes
Add sausage to the soup, cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the butter. Serve when butter is melted.